Setting up Nvidia vGPU clutser with M10 GPU for Horizon VDI
=> Type of Hardware.
I have 4 Dell Poweredge R740 Rack server with given configuration:
Intel Xeon Gold 6148 CPU.
NvidiaTesla M10 Graphic Card
=> Esxi Driver and Configuration
Before Adding to Cluster Just make Sure following Firmware and Drivers up to date
If your Drivers are missing , Create a Independent baseline.
. Go to Update manager
.Go to admin view
. Select patch repository and add patch.
. Then create Custom repository
. Add host in maintenance mode and Add this repository.
. Remediate the host.
Download latest vib :
Now we have to install Nvidia vib using this blog:
We can use graphic card with three different ways :
# vSGA (Virtual Shared Graphics Acceleration)
# vGPU and vDGA
=> Cluster Configuration
1) Create New vGPU cluster .
2) Make sure VMware EVC should be enabled in case you have add additional esxi's with different CPU family.
3) Add all 4 Esxi hosts in Cluster.
4) Update NTP and DNS settings.
5) Configure vMotion and vSAN vmkernel Network.
6) Create 2 Diskgroup in the vSAN with 1nvME as cache and 2 SSD's as capacity for each esxi host.
7) Check vSAN health , make sure all are showing green.
=> Parent VM creation as per user requirement.
1) If you want to use vSGA then you have to set following VM settings :
2) This does not require Nvidia license as graphics are presented using VMware drivers.
2) If you want to use Nvidia graphics , you have to set following VM settings:
You need to procure licenses for any profile you want to use and set license server for this.
=> Nvidia GRID profile set in pool.
Desktop pool you have to configure Nvidia GRID vGPU profile.